Topic: Latest Developments...

So, we've been a bit quiet in the update front lately, so I guess we should tell ya what's been going on.

Truth is, we've been hard at work dragging this game into the 21st century....

Now we have a stable client, we can start to add some new features, overhaul old ones, and ultimately start bringing the game closer to achieving the potential it always had.

Fabrication is having quite a severe overhaul.  The old single window, "click and hope" style is dead.
It's being replaced with specialized windows for each type of fabrication. Be it enchanting salvaging, or even the good old combine.  They will each have their own window giving detailed information of the outcome, chances and item information

The following screen shots are subject to change....

http://i.imgur.com/LxRjEZh.png

http://i.imgur.com/xoGHvIi.png

http://i.imgur.com/603wy5T.png

http://i.imgur.com/uo9xNgW.png

Also, we're working on response times.  The host is built on a single thread that "pulses".  Between pulses the game sleeps a set amount in order to keep things smooth.  Basically what this means is, that if a player decides to do something while the host is sleeping, nothing happens, till the host wakes up and processes the command.

This will be a thing of the past. 

We are in the process of multithreading vital parts of the games core, which will ultimately result in a much smoother, more responsive experience for everyone.  Not only is tho host being multihreaded, but the client is too.  Both of these huge improvements will only mean one thing.  More fun, at a faster pace, with a lot less "lag".

While we work on this, I would like to ask a question regarding item attributes.

Currently we only have a handful (15 or so) of attributes that affect players.  Don't yall think it's about time you had more?

Please post ideas of new attributes, such as :-

+ %Critical hit chance.
+%Critical hit damage.
+%Hull.
+%Chance to cast Fireball.
+ Crew.
etc etc.

Please think hard about your suggestions,"Will this give me too much of an advantage?" as only those that have been thought about thoroughly will be considered....

I'm even considering raising the limit of 4 attributes per item to 5,6 or even 7 for the rarest of items.........

Re: Latest Developments...

question
what makes the new fab system not "click and hope"
is there higher chance of success? no do you mean people don't have to figure out what to put in the boxes? i know many don't know exactly what items go in there.

as for adding attributes, ok i guess. for adding ability to put in 5 o6 6 attributes, i know that means you gonna buff up all the mobs/bosses cause they gonna be easier to do so whats the point. right now the bb's are soloable by  high end smugs. gona make it so every class can solo zor,axmin, etc??

i realize you are trying to add stuff to hopefully increase the player base but i don't see this doing that.

this game is dead and without MAJOR MAJOR revampinig it will stay dead. sure some old payers will come back and check it out,play fir for month maybe 2 and they will leave again.

you ever log in throughtout the day. before i got a full time job the server was dead even more times thru the day (meaning under 3 or so players)  just a tweak or 2- new stuff won't razzle dazzle most people for long

but you neva know,i hope you the best of luck with that working

3 (edited by Harvious 2014-04-17 13:46:26)

Harvious wrote:

Haste has overrun all build strategies, Amplification Gear (scaled same as haste) could generate more diversity.
Salvaging weapon effects could also allow for more diverse character builds
Alien Diversity is very low, Unlock aliens to be able to have any stats (Completely random like a chance to not have SA random), increase Blue and Green drop rates, Add green alien weapons (have casts on them).
Greens that do drop are very far behind level wise from the mobs that drop them.  - Suggested by Replicant and I.
Multistoning: This is touchy but its just an idea. In order to spice up diversity in gear consider allowing multistoning but under restrictions such as you can stone anything higher than 150 cplx. You can stone something past it but you just cant stone a stat thats higher than 150. If i wasn't clear that goes by each individual stat on systems. - Suggested by Replicant.
What if Plates had a chance to cast a defensive effect when hit yikes?

http://hostilespace.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?id=1756

P.S. I really like the +Crit Chance idea.

Harviousify - Manipulater
Shadey - Pyro

myfriend wrote:

question
what makes the new fab system not "click and hope"
is there higher chance of success? no do you mean people don't have to figure out what to put in the boxes? i know many don't know exactly what items go in there.

There's no real way of telling what the outcome is, and what the chances are of the fabrication attempt.

Also, the new client will inform you of any errors/problems with the fabrication, whereas the old style, if there was something wrong, u had to place all the items back in again.

myfriend wrote:

question
as for adding attributes, ok i guess. for adding ability to put in 5 o6 6 attributes, i know that means you gonna buff up all the mobs/bosses cause they gonna be easier to do so whats the point. right now the bb's are soloable by  high end smugs. gona make it so every class can solo zor,axmin, etc??

I doubt mobs will be buffed further, and as regards to BBZ being soloed, yea, it used to be unheard of, but, you forget, the level limit is much higher, more players are a high tier, and the gear available is much better, so it's bound to happen.  As regards to smugs and their dirty tricks, I'll be fixing that......

Few things I am concerned with about the attribute slots you mentioned, I honestly believe 1 extra, 5 total, attribute slots per item would be enough.  Think about 1 extra stat on each item you have, 8 extra slots in total.  Maybe you could make the 5th slot a special attribute slot, to reduce the chance of an over powered combination of attributes.

I'm with supa on the fact that adding a few extra attributes, and maybe 1-2 more slots wouldn't create much of a need to tweak the current end game content.  Reason being, Titans are still going to be the absolute best gear due to the fact that you cant fab an item that will match up to a titan.

On to the revamped fab windows, they look amazing, great job on that, and I like how simple it seems.  Simple is a relative term, it's not too mind numbingly easy, and it's not the puzzle it used to be.  Well put together and thought out.  Hopefully it'll help simplify fabbing for newer players, and even existing players, giving people an excuse to start their own fabs instead of waiting for the few who have fabs, or have access to a character with fabs.

Overall, personally, I think 1 extra attribute slot would suffice, and the fab revamp looks beautiful, good job.

Quiksilver

Quicksilver T9 Telepath
Quiksilver T5 Smuggler
Nullhull T0 Engineer
Cornbread T6 Engineer

6 (edited by Harvious 2014-04-30 13:39:00)

Here's my vision for fabbing improvements.

1. Remove Quantumn Catalysts, Infusions, and Salvagers Redemptions,
2. Increase the Fab skill cap to 160
3. Increase the rate fab skill is gained
4. Reduce the starting costs but keep the end prices
5. Allow for systems to have 5 slots + a special attribute slot like Quick mentioned.
6. Names become irrelevant, if the stats match up they can be fused together (creates a different result will elaborate)
7. Just Fab kits, Due to the new UI I think it’s moot to have different kits other than to have different prices which would be rescaled anyway

Those being stated here’s the new system I think we should have.

It revolves around how kits work and their uses. Standard shop kits will remain the same as they are now with the exceptions that there is only fab kits and the new scaled prices I’d gladly like to set. Now here’s the new part. ALL bosses would then drop kits that are similar in every way to the shop kits with ONE exception:

They have special attributes that apply to fabbing itself.
Special Attributes would include:
+% stat increase
This means that if it had a special effect that is +20% stat increase the kit would give a bonus of +30% or effectively a +3 from just one +1, which also means if you +30% the same two items you can use a normal +10% between those two or any other type, also if you have a +3 of that item you can FUSE the +1 and the +3 according to #6 which is explained further still)
+% Chance to fab
    New Quantum Catalyst/infusions, except these can push the %chance to over 100 if you have the skill and chance
+% to salvage
    Would take the place of SR’s but is still useable on +ing albeit a waste

Or

Others have attributes that apply to the item itself.
Those special attributes would include:
+% Gear Amp
    Increases all stats on that item by a % without raising the complexity
+% Exp
    Increases Exp by factors of tiers, pretty straight-forward
+% Hull
    These are all pretty simple I’ll just list em off
+% Crit Chance
+% Crit Damage
+% SA
+% Psi
Because you can only have one or the other it becomes a tradeoff. 100% success or 95% or lower for an extra touch of stats. Keep in mind for these to be balanced were looking at a max of 10% per item if that. So it’s not a bad idea to go for extra fab chance.
Fusing.
This would be an entirely new system that allows for items of similar stats to be fused together effectively +ing them but, with one downfall. It ends the item. After an item becomes fused with another the item enters a state of fabricational bind that makes it unsalvable and unplussable.

Harviousify - Manipulater
Shadey - Pyro

Great work, Supa. I think this is exactly the direction the game needs, even though the ugliness of the dialogs really still pains me, but that's not your fault. big_smile

I still say you should add a CDR bonus for tiered characters, a gradual one sure, but one none the less.

Characters
Kenpachi T6: Pyro, Yoruichi T0: Merc, Renji: T0 Smug, Zangetsu: T1 Engi, Ichigo: T0 Path, Kisuke: T0 TKR Unohana: T0 Engi, Alchemyst: T0 Merc
http://TRGforum.webs.com