Topic: Weapon Haste? Just maybe......

Work has started on a new item attribute, Haste.

I know when we first launcher this server, that we said Alpha didn't support weapon haste and it would never be implemented.

Well, Since we've become more experienced with the host, the way it works, and more importantly how to use ASM, Haste does seems quite possible.  The recent work on implementing weapons that give skill bonuses such as Telepathy, Repair, Hide, etc gave us the experience and confidence we needed to seriously take a look at Haste.

So, Today we spent a good few hours going over what makes weapons tick, literally.  We quickly found space for the new Haste stat, and wrote up some ASM that would calculte the weapons power up time with Haste.  Working on the basis that the Haste stat represents a percentage decrease in speed, thus making weapons fire faster.

Preliminary testing does indeed look good.  The host calculates Haste into the speed, and weapons do fire faster.

A few checks on when the weapon reaches Max power interfere with the calculations, and the power up gfx suddenly jump to full... This of-course will be looked into tomorrow and fixed.

Because if the interference of the checks, negative haste seems to not work yet, but, I'm sure when the above problem is fixed, this too will fix itself...

After the Host is ready, We will then look into sorting the code that reads items stat modifiers and the values, effectively making the host read haste and apply the value to the new offset where Haste is stored. Then editing /status to show Haste.

Once that is done, The client will also need patching to show Haste on items.

All in all, it's looking promising, and we hope to have Haste working mid week.

Supaz

Re: Weapon Haste? Just maybe......

Nice!

Sweet, Good Job guys, looking foreward to seeing haste implemented.

Mebbe this means we get ener fabs big_smile

RoZ-Republic of Zeon now recruiting! Speak with one of our members to join!
Characters:  Jinx-T2 LvL90 Smug; Kenji-T0 LvL90 Engi; Nappa-T0 LvL36 Merc

Ok, The haste stat is 100% operational, capped at +100% haste and -100% haste.

There is a graphical glitch with any amount of haste over 50%, for some reason, yet to be sorted, the weapon charge bar dissapears when it is fully charged......

Setting items up to contain and use haste was fairly simple.

Next is to setup /status so yall can see how much haste you have.

After that, I'll need to start on creating and making buffs such as decelerate,catalyst aura etc, so they effect mobs and players......... This I fear will take just as much time as getting the Haste stat to work in the first place....

Supaz

Looking good eh? tongue

http://img685.imageshack.us/img685/6721/hastet.jpg

Client fully combatible now with haste. Items show haste and so does /status.

http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/852/clienthaste.jpg

Will catalisium add thrust in the future?

Lazy_666
The One & Only

battle plates are boss drops?

Awesome, good work guys, seems to be you've all gotten the hang of this with how quick you've started pumping out some of these updates. Anyways, the thing I'm sure everyone wants to know, when can we see haste implemented?

RoZ-Republic of Zeon now recruiting! Speak with one of our members to join!
Characters:  Jinx-T2 LvL90 Smug; Kenji-T0 LvL90 Engi; Nappa-T0 LvL36 Merc

Battle Plates were something I quickly made to test haste, they don't drop ingame, yet.

Haste should be fully implemented for the weekend.  All depends on how Buffing and debuffing works, Hopefully fairly simple.  While I'm in the area, will need to look exactly how buffs are stored and effect the player, and maybe even code in our own way to add "Remove Effect" since it's not supported in Alpha, at least I dont think it is.

Supaz

if hast works wouldnt deselrate work the same way but backwards ?

racecarbob wrote:

if hast works wouldnt deselrate work the same way but backwards ?

Haste only worked with items.  But it now works when buffing and debuffing....  Just adding a few more sanity checks (Division by 0m as limits are being surpassed with buffing) and should be good to go...

May release the server with Haste then look into "Remove effect" or wait untill I can implement remove effect.

Supaz

sick