Topic: 3rd party software

"Auto clickers" aka macroing will NOT be tolerated, or anything else to that effect.

Psicris and Racecarbob have just been caught and will now face a 1 week ban.

If they contest, I will then reset all thier skills.

"Oh I didn't know it was illegal"

Like we are going to let you guys use something to give you an unfair advantage or make something quicker?

Wisen up guys.

Supaz

Re: 3rd party software

+1 Play the game or go home!

I appologise, note taken.

UNI
NG 4EVER

ya sorry i though it was aloud i say  4-5(if not more)\ppl doing it so i though it was ok

i saw **

ummm i bot a game pad a G13 to play it ,makes thing easier like when i hit a button it types /guard and whats not and instead of ctrl 1 one button dose it for me just hitting one button .dose that mean i cant even use that or is it ok if i just dont use it on a continuous loop ?

nothing was mentioned about not being able to use stuff like thing untill now and now we know and will not use so cant just get a little brake on it ?

Btw if you set the keyboard repeat rate to low. You can simply stick a coin and get away. (yeah bandwidth usage is normal)

This is not exactly "unfair advantage", unless you include the fact that some people can't think.

BUT since this is server maintained by you, we will stick to your rules. Just please state them.

Lazy_666
The One & Only

9 (edited by Decay 2011-08-22 14:57:28)

state them? lol
rule 1. common sense
rule 2. no double or triple posting. "edit".. oh wait that falls under rule one.. (guess hes ok tho it wasnt a double or triple but 4 posts /rollseyes)

Common sense... reducing the keyboard repeat rate is there... however it counts as "unfair advantage".  Sorry if noone thought of that. It seems I have some advantage. big_smile

P.S. No offense meant.

Lazy_666
The One & Only

Theres been about 10 people that i know macro and been told by at least 4 or 5. Macro is bad like any other bot, but blitz allowed only that one bot in his game. Its understandle that  you put a ban on them tho.

ख  ऎ  ट  ट  ज  स

12 (edited by GIZangetsu 2011-11-29 08:10:45)

Aquarius wrote:

Theres been about 10 people that i know macro and been told by at least 4 or 5. Macro is bad like any other bot, but blitz allowed only that one bot in his game. Its understandle that  you put a ban on them tho.

yea i had a friend take a look at the other potentials for botting b4 revived. if he tried to lock his hull it would lock the mob hulls. macro farming screwed me outta several plates back in 2.0

Characters
Kenpachi T6: Pyro, Yoruichi T0: Merc, Renji: T0 Smug, Zangetsu: T1 Engi, Ichigo: T0 Path, Kisuke: T0 TKR Unohana: T0 Engi, Alchemyst: T0 Merc
http://TRGforum.webs.com

13 (edited by tussupatrull 2011-11-29 11:43:32)

I have Microsoft sidewinder keyboard, instead of allways pressing ctrl+1-9, I just press a single button, which writes /cast "buff". That aint allowed either?

I dont use the keyboard macro to mine like the other naps did, I just buff myself with those buttons. tongue All the skills dont fit onto those numbers, also holding ctrl and reaching nr9 at the same time is a pain.

I think hotkey helpers should be allowed, but command repeaters not.

Amethyst        T0    Pyr     30
Cisco                T4    Sco    90
Delphi              T1    Eng    21
Neuropath      T0    Tel     10

15 (edited by Rowspan 2011-11-29 11:18:40)

You guys should know better macros/bots/hacks/exploits of any kind destroy a game.  i think supa's been more then fair about it, look at the work hes put into game. the man hours hes put in .

any 3rd party software should be illegal, if its that good an idea talk with supa, maybe he will add these functions to game. using something that others havent still counts as an advantage

Rowspan T9 lvl 75    Biggles T0 lvl 65
Colspan T5 lvl 12
Welder T0 lvl 75
Loyal To The Royal!

now might be a good time for supa/angus to look into some sort of steam like software to ensure "fairplay"

Colspan T5 lvl 12
Welder T0 lvl 75
Loyal To The Royal!

Rowspan wrote:

now might be a good time for supa/angus to look into some sort of steam like software to ensure "fairplay"

this will never happen, hs still belongs to interadventure inc. and im very sure blitz wont allow that.

im not so sure, once supa/angus change a certain amount of the game it no longer the original work of blitz,  as long as they dont charge money for it,  using software that checks process list for 3rd party software before logging in wouldnt break any laws

Colspan T5 lvl 12
Welder T0 lvl 75
Loyal To The Royal!

btw lucyj is spambot ? lets all buy ugg boots lolz "NOT"

Colspan T5 lvl 12
Welder T0 lvl 75
Loyal To The Royal!

Rowspan wrote:

im not so sure, once supa/angus change a certain amount of the game it no longer the original work of blitz,  as long as they dont charge money for it,  using software that checks process list for 3rd party software before logging in wouldnt break any laws

This wont be enaugh.

1. Do you know the process names of 3rd party software thats used?
2. This would be an endless fight, what happens when the bad guy just renames the process?

What we need is a real protection then, but as 3rd party software it would lagg the client. Also the reason why steams VAC and VAC2 is a bad idea, its to much consuming, example: i have to idle the steam process if i want to play, else the games are unplayable because keyboard and mouse is delayed more than a second (uuh what a nice protection). AND VAC is not made to protect any games, its made to protect GoldSrc/Source/Havov based games.

We need a protection directly included in the client. But not simply a deeplevel keyhook detection, it must be more...

your getting the wrong end of the stick mate, im not suggesting using steam, im just saying something similar. and as for the delay, its a delay everyone would have so ur not losing out,

i have little to no coding expeirence so these suggestions are based on need rather then thinking what it would take to incorperate and i can understand its no easy task,

On the other hand this doesnt mean that its not required

Colspan T5 lvl 12
Welder T0 lvl 75
Loyal To The Royal!

I say 3rd party software is out... Extra hardware (command hotkeys) depends...
I dont think bot farming will be a problem with most of CFM being gone.

Harviousify - Manipulater
Shadey - Pyro