Topic: Alpha update.

Testing is going extreamly well, been a lot less crashes than we expected, and a lot of bugs have been fixed in a very short space of time.

The test server will stay up for another day or two.

Angus and I have decided, since it's going so well, we're going to start preparing the host for the 2.0 clients and not Ares.  The 2.0 client has all the WASD movement, dynaminc action bars, 1024*768 screen res etc.  And more importantly, even more stable, and a much nicer look.  Angus has already done a lot of work preparing this and there remains very few issues to overcome.

That means there will be another round of Closed alpha testing.  After which open Alpha will begin.

A big thank you to our current testers, their time is greatly appreciated and withouth them, there would be a lot of bugs in the server tongue

Supaz

Re: Alpha update.

I would love to be able to help with the testing effort also , but it seems I cant ever login. I put in my username and PW in the launcher txt , started HS client , and it doesnt connect... thanks , Kayous.

keep us posted will keep reporting bugs
cant log on as of now

How goes it?

Black Sky
We'll breach the 2D game engine conventions yet!

Hi, an actively updated thread with updates is at http://hostilespace.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?id=616

It's going very well, just getting to the end of public testing if everything goes to plan, then we'll be up and running again big_smile

Seems you're making rapid progress.
I'm glad I was able to contribute something to assist you.

Black Sky
We'll breach the 2D game engine conventions yet!

NICE!!! Cant WAIT for the 2.0 update...WASD movement FTW!!!

We already have WASD movement tongue

Amethyst        T0    Pyr     30
Cisco                T4    Sco    90
Delphi              T1    Eng    21
Neuropath      T0    Tel     10

lol yeah i just found out today that the update was already implamented sorry im behind the curve tongue