Topic: Client r 233 - r238 chnages (Now Live!)

Critical hits, now shown as flying damage.
Psi regen now shown as flying damage.
Crew regen now shown as flying damage.
Options expanded for the display of critical hits separate from other flying damage.
Psi status now more accurately displayed in ship scanner.
Hull now more accurately displayed in ship scanner and below ships.
Hull status below a ship now gradients colour.
Crew now more accurately displayed in ship scanner and below ships.
Shields now more accurately displayed in ship scanner and below ships.
Trade now handles large cash transactions correctly.
Trade now displays money in a readable form.
Trade should now reset traders name correctly.
Group Gui portraits added.
Group Gui now shows percentage of hull remaining.
Group Gui now flashes when ship was recently hit.
Group Gui now has a button to add players to group.
Music length fixed.
Shops now show quest item prices correctly.
Shops colour now rest correctly if slot was previously occupied by a quest item.
Minimum window height reduced to help those on window 7 machines (stupid OS).
Game window now centralized.
Latency now displayed more accurately (still not 100% but much more accurate).
Captains log now opens at last entry.
Doors now animate correctly.
Mob sound now played correctly when using backspace.
Using backspace while entering text no longer attempts to select a mob.
Client should now ignore mouse clicks if no longer the window in focus.
Clicking a ship should now be more accurate.
Dragging items from one window to another should now work correctly.
Several new fabrication windows with detailed information on what is wrong with your fabrication attempt, and full item details of the possible outcome.
Action-bar keys can now be defined in keys.txt
Client will now display correct ship information if over 65k.
Weapon delay indicators now much more accurate.
Buffs on a ship now displayed in the scanner.
Dynamic size tooltips.
Mouse over buffs now use the tooltip, for both your bufs and your scanned targets buffs.
Particle engine rebuilt.
New fancy scanner, made with particle engine.
Holding down action keys will now longer spam.
Right clicking on a stack of mobs will no longer attempt to target all of them.
Fixed ' ~ ' being displayed instead of ' " ' when it was the first char in a message.
HSR Facelift project officially added, and a new .exe icon, HUGE thanks go to Psitek for this.
Yellow group indicator direction fixed.

Re: Client r 233 - r238 chnages (Now Live!)

Can't seem to log on after the patch.

Falco
Lina

Yea, had to remove a few features to get it going, sorry guys, will be fixing soon, but good news is we got it going for now.

I still can't seem to get on due to the game not being up to date (I can't get it to update via the launcher or any other method).

Falco
Lina

Why the game doesn't still work ?

Peynn T6 Enf
Peyn T3 Dec

because people insist on using the old client, which, if you read the error page, it's no longer supported.

So I've now applied the update to the old launcher.  Restart your launchers and let it update

i use the alpha client when it was introduced and still don`t work

Peynn T6 Enf
Peyn T3 Dec

My bad, thanks!

Falco
Lina

AWESOME updates! I love the quality of life improvements on tooltips and flying dmg the most <3 not to mention buffs shown in scanner!

And the new textures are sexy. Thank you for all this!

The client its crazy the hslauncher64 and 32 doesnt work but when i use HSRClient work but its loggin on one char Peynn.
http://i.imgur.com/U9QsdP8.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/GcMaBuX.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/4xNIiZy.jpg

Peynn T6 Enf
Peyn T3 Dec

Side note: Idk if this was a bug however the RECOVER ability used to get regen alot quicker or so it feels like.

Makes downtime longer at lower levels but if it's intentional i'm down. Gonna have to build up alot of hull regen tongue

Whatever happened, I cannot log in anymore, no matter what client i try. When I use the "HS Client" it freezes on the load screen. I used to log in using Launcher.exe, but now that is not responding.

Don't know how else to play anymore if the launcher.exe doesn't work for me.

<--- using Macbook pro

13 (edited by Whitefangz 2014-07-03 13:30:11)

yuit420 wrote:

Side note: Idk if this was a bug however the RECOVER ability used to get regen alot quicker or so it feels like.

Makes downtime longer at lower levels but if it's intentional i'm down. Gonna have to build up alot of hull regen tongue

As best I can tell the regen used to be based off an amount of time or something. I'm not sure but yes, it was faster. Now recover seems to double whatever your current hull regen stat is. So if you have 30 hull regen then while you recover it's 60 (you'll see ticks for 60 hull in blue). Before recover seemed independent of your hull regen, but your hull regen would add on top of the recovery time so it would be even faster if you have high hull regen. Now it is god awful slow. Given how much mobs move around now, and how recovering draws stupid high agro, I feel recovery shouldn't take this long. That or the recovery distance from mobs should be shortened so you don't have to leave the quad to recover for 5 minutes. Before it seems recovery never took more than 30-45 seconds. Now, even with high regen, it takes well over a minute for me, and 3 minutes for Venus.

Supa, it looks like there's a leftover tooltip in the options screen for critical damage. Extra notes in it I'm thinking you didn't mean to leave?

Whitefangz wrote:

Supa, it looks like there's a leftover tooltip in the options screen for critical damage. Extra notes in it I'm thinking you didn't mean to leave?

Haha oops, umm, yea, umm, yea, for the record it didn't work first time either....

I like the new alien plate look. They look like they are of actual alien origin now. Boxy is too human tongue Could we get the stygian/yavix/DF plates changed back to their look pre-update though? The new ones are big, un-sexy and just don't fit the smaller look of every other system in the game. Perhaps the new plate look could be repurposed for a different type of plate, or a device?