Topic: Salvaging

We have implemented a form of salvaging parts from items.  Pretty simple, grab the correct salvage kit from starbase level 2, place it and an item into fabricate and cross ya fingers.

You will receive in return a percentage of the stats the item consisted of.

The higher your skill is compared to the level of the item, will yield better results.

Quantum stones will raise the chance of success and the salvage percentage.

Class skills can also be salvaged from weapons.

Currently haste,cloak and thrust is not supported.

Some of you may realize, that this will enable a form of "Multi - stoning", this is partially intentional, and calculated.  Since we have manged to balance a complexity level per stat type, and items will recalculate their level according to these rules, we see no reason not to allow this to happen.   "Multi - stoning" was bad in the past since items kept their original complexity...

Test server is currently hosting this update, test it to it's limits, try and break it, find bugs (which I'm sure there are lots), and find any balance issues

We will not apply this update to the main server until sufficient testing is complete, so the more yall test and report any issues, the quicker it will be released.

Re: Salvaging

Since the chars are mainly copied from server to server, not everyone have the needed fab skill (or do they?), why not change every char's fab skills to max. It wont change anything in the main server. smile
Also add all items to the dock on low price... I guess you want us to test it and see if it breaks instead of wasting hours raising skills and money on a test server...

Lazy_666
The One & Only

Actually having max skill would not help anything.  We need to know if the success rate and salvage rate are balanced for the skill level you have compared to the item level.  Being able to fab everything would not test anything.

I can lower prices of salvage kits though.

whats the difference between the salvage kits and the trainee salvage kits?

thedarklord wrote:

whats the difference between the salvage kits and the trainee salvage kits?

It follows the same rules as upgrade kits, you need a kit that is either higher or the same level range as the item you are trying to salvage.

Supanova wrote:

I can lower prices of salvage kits though.

it is something. smile

Lazy_666
The One & Only

Testserver is down sad

Amethyst        T0    Pyr     30
Cisco                T4    Sco    90
Delphi              T1    Eng    21
Neuropath      T0    Tel     10