Topic: 3.0 Client

Well it's been some time since our first real progress update so, I guess one should be done...

Angus and I basically needed a break.  We've been hard at it since January to get to a point where the host can be trusted to stay alive unattended, with the majority of bugs fixed.

As regards to the client, we took a few steps back to look at the engine we were using as a whole and decided to start from scratch.

Now, we haven't lost a great deal of work, most of it can actually be salvaged.  The new engine we are using is a lot more user friendly, widely used and has a huge support base.  All traits that are hugely lacking  with the previous engine.

Also, we have officially brought Cisco into the development of the new client. His experience with the languages the new engine uses, and the time he will be able to spare will bring the new client up to scratch a lot quicker.  His attention to detail will undoubtedly be evident throughout the final client release.

With a 3rd person on board, it means Angus and I can give the host a bit more attention.  As we speak, Angus is hard at work on a lua powered quest engine.  This will ultimately give players a huge role to play in the content.  Final details of the capabilities it will support are vague so we cannot really promise much just yet, but we will be keeping everyone posted.

Suapz.

Re: 3.0 Client

Nice to hear this guys i for one will be glad when there is something new to do in the game i appreciate you guys have a life and are not 100% commited to hs but i am not only speaking for myself with that a lot of us feel like its same sh*t different day. Also looking forward to this new client coming out in the hope it might bring back some of the original hsr players. All i can say guys is keep up the good work and we are hoping to hear some positive news very soon!

Pod.

Re: 3.0 Client

I'm more of a keen observer than anything; but what is the latest on your 3.0 stuff?