Topic: Sneak Peak

SB Entrance Before......

http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/6343/sbentrancebefore.jpg

After........

http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/7241/sbentranceafter1.jpg

Re: Sneak Peak

tis sexy.... tis very very sexy

Characters
Kenpachi T6: Pyro, Yoruichi T0: Merc, Renji: T0 Smug, Zangetsu: T1 Engi, Ichigo: T0 Path, Kisuke: T0 TKR Unohana: T0 Engi, Alchemyst: T0 Merc
http://TRGforum.webs.com

it's really getting there! Looking good.

Honestly I don't like it. The old one has a much better feel to it.

Baphomet wrote:

Honestly I don't like it. The old one has a much better feel to it.

Aye, for the hardcore players, it may not "feel" the same.  But for the good of the game, we can't continue with 15 year old code....

I like it either way, a + on the new one tho, eye candy smile

Magic  T9  Merc   75
Anka   T9  Engie  75
Spin    T3  Smug  74

Is there a way to work on the tiles to make them more properly blend together

Maybe make it so you can play either way if possible... like a mode selection in the launcher its self??? or would it be to hard to put both styles on the same client and run smoothly?
Personally I like the old style but if this is the future of hostile space then I will follow it but im just putting in my 2 cents about the matter. big_smile
Other then that congratz guy and keep up the great work! You guys have come so far and this is really amazing and im glad to be a part of it.

iGod - Pyro T6 24          Assquatch - Merc T5 75
iRep - Engi T3 75
Void - Tkr T6 70
                    ~-> Keeping it EPIC!!! <-~

Baphomet wrote:

Is there a way to work on the tiles to make them more properly blend together

Yes, the funny per-tile shading is a result of generating map meshes on the fly from what the server sends, we're working to get it fixed. We're aiming for a look much more similar to the current client (image below is the current development, ignore the white lines and the crappy cursor and the off-centre light). It might be that we ditch the perspective camera and stick it into orthogonal mode depending on how we get on.
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/8085/cubeoff.png

iGod wrote:

Maybe make it so you can play either way if possible... like a mode selection in the launcher its self??? or would it be to hard to put both styles on the same client and run smoothly?

We are developing it in such a way the server won't require any (or very minimal) modification, meaning we'll be able to have both clients compatible with the server at least at the beginning.

Because we have no source code for the interadventure client it means that adding new features is very difficult. It will probably be at that point that the IA client will become insufficient (people mentioning paginated massive lockers, user-manipulatable shop etc) since there is no way, realistically, that we can add these to the IA client.

EDIT: This got me thinking about adding in an optional orthogonal mode, looks much closer to original client. It'll probably be a configurable option.
http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/4271/ortho.png

Any clue what you guys are doing about models? Gonna go for the free open licenced ships or are you looking for people to contribute models? I know a few people have made models for HS in the past (Hunter and Whitefang) and I also know kuchervano was working on remodeling some hulls.

Also, are you going to be keeping spiders as bosses? Making them move correctly may be troublesome! To be anatomically correct a spider has 7 knees per leg, thats 54 joints moving at a time tongue Get this right and it will look amazing!

Umm, basically just gonna use what we can for now.  Eventually would like to have all our own models.

As regards to Spider hulls, that is going to be an interesting pursuit.......

12 (edited by Harvious 2012-06-21 14:04:33)

I dont like seeing the stars outside the wall of SB kind of distracting i guess.
Will this client be able to go to any of the higher resolutions?
i.e 1376 x768
      1920 x 1080
      1280 x 768

Harviousify - Manipulater
Shadey - Pyro

yes it will work with any resolution (windowed and fullscreen)

Amethyst        T0    Pyr     30
Cisco                T4    Sco    90
Delphi              T1    Eng    21
Neuropath      T0    Tel     10

Got to love how some ppl think this is the final product...

These screenshots are the state of the client in it's first 2 weeks of development.  I doubt it will look similar by the time we get to closed testing....

Another cool thing is the driver compatibility, which allows to enable Stereoscopic 3D:

Put your 3d glasses on (the red/cyan one), and watch this screenshot:

HSRStereo

Just used iZ3D driver in anaglyph mode (its free). It may also work with nVidia's 3D Vision.

like the stereoscopic view.  if you come up with the groundwork on the 3d models im sure we can come up with something based on those rules.  Hope be something like star trek online but more custom options.

Good thing about the stereoscopic view is, it runs fully indipendend, you just need a special driver for this and all works automatically then. In this case i used iZ3D driver which is for free when you use the anaglyph mode.

The 3D image is not true 3D It's a flat 2d image set back. It would need the walls to start really close and end far away, and the floor to be far away and the ship to be a lot closer. Once sorted tho, that will be a great addition to HS!

kick ass i like it id say its goin places smothing out grapics stuff like that it will add to hs when it gets added or what really like were its goin i wonder what outerspace will look like:) i think itle rock gj on all the work it looks like a rockin unit

Kinda sux being the before guy tongue
Ok... ok...  Your right... It's actualy funny to see me there in the Before picture ^_^

Morpheus T0 Eng 75
Swindel     T6 Inf 75

Another sneak peek for lighting and shadows: http://youtu.be/-PDKQJiC72M

Love the headlights idea adds a whole new type of terrain. Good work.

Shadey - Pyro

23 (edited by Crip 2012-10-21 01:34:50)

Hate this.  Just hate it. Ships too big and models are lame. Sb would have to be mapped a lot bigger to even look half right. Cant scale to the current size. 20USD to scrap the project? smile

Please ensure that the old version can be compatible in  game play as I would never want to convert to this.  Just my opinion.  Don't like changes such as this, new content would be much more justified in the eyes of Crip.

- Hostile

You realize they are still building the client right? these ships aren't final products and neither is SB. This was just showing what they have so far

Shadey - Pyro

wtf? who said anything about 20USD? who said thats the SB? who said that the current ship mesh will be used?

That were just a tech feature demo, content is the easiest part compared to the coding.

Just stop being stupid and ever expecting the worst case.

And another thing, we cant keep the old client working since we never had and never will have the sources of it, the old client is a very big hack, slow, uneconomic, ...

The new client will be like the old one but just much better because we have full control of the game logic (still has nothing todo with content -> which is not more than media like gfx, snd, geometry and text).

The new client will just starts with features, that the old client never will/can have.