Topic: Fab update progress

Reduced the variation in stat parts, will increase chances of finding duplicates.
Stat parts now obtain correct ID if a match is found.
Enchant will now announce the stone used if it fails.
Protection added to stop stat parts dropping with a value way over the mobs level. (eg level 12 items dropping from level 2 mobs)
Fixed using any conduit for level 0 weapons.

Ok, now, I believe everything is now balanced and set for this to be used live very soon.

I have just one decision to make, and that's how to have the items drop.

The actual drop rates I've already determined.

It's where these parts should drop.

I have already coded in support in order to have predefined mobs in areas drop only specific part types, eg a mold, a weapon core, stat part etc. These are still random values, only thing defined is that the mob has a chance to drop it.

So, either I set which mobs should drop parts, OR let ALL mobs have a chance to drop a part.

You guys need to consider, either hunting in one place for a particular part is better, and having the area never mature to multi, or leave it to chance and everywhere has the chance to spawn items, keeping the chance of multi fair.

Will also be reducing the variation of stat parts further by making Fore, Aft, SB and Port universal.  This can't be done with Auxiliary systems since the stats on these vary too much, and balancing them will cause a lot of item level issues with the current database.

EDIT: Test server is now up, make sure you reboot the launcher to get the latest client in order to see the update regarding universal Fore, Aft, SB, and Port stat parts.  And please test everything is working as intended.

Drop rates are currently in place, for the purpose of testing the system, farm lowest level areas.

Re: Fab update progress

let them drop everywhere.

SERVERS DOWN FAMALAM!

3 (edited by Rowspan 2012-04-26 22:17:48)

i think the obvious option is make nameds, silencers and praets drop them, that way ppl wont rape multi of normal mobs too much, and praets silencers spawn times will stop a massive influx of parts

p.s prots and mini bosses too ?

Rowspan T9 lvl 75    Biggles T0 lvl 65
Colspan T5 lvl 12
Welder T0 lvl 75
Loyal To The Royal!

Rare fab mats from bbz zyr/df ?

Colspan T5 lvl 12
Welder T0 lvl 75
Loyal To The Royal!

Aye, that's not too bad an idea, only drop from "unique" mobs, such as those mentioned by Rowspan.  As regards to rarity, the higher the level of the mob, the better the item, BUT the less likely it is to drop......

Could it not be made so that the person killing the mob needs to get XP before an item drops? Thus stopping the raping of a system just for parts at low levels and also making low levels able to get a good trading commodity?

I think you guys are missing the point of why fab parts was set up the way it was before. low level items dropped in low level zones for economic reasons. Why do you guys now think low level zones need to be muti xp nonstop?  I remember getting my first brood plate as a trade for a stack of low level conds. I believe low level systems should drop low fab at higher rates then higher systems so that it limits the time you need to spend in a low system to get what you need and benefits low level players for the trade off of xp.

I can see the point Mothra is making, However, it would just spawn a load of alt players to get around it.

As Bronson stated, the current system I have in place is that the lower the grade of part you are hunting, the easier it is to find.  But they drop off EVERY mob of that level.

Just wondering if that may be a problem, or contain the parts to only drop in certain areas, much like conduits did in 2.0

ok so maybe certain parts drop freely anywhere, and some rare mats drop from my previous statement, what about an "UnNamed" just looks liek a regular mob in amongst a quad that drops the parts, on something like a 5 min timer, because it looks a normal mob you'll be lucky to find it in 5 mins,  still should slow the amount of them

Colspan T5 lvl 12
Welder T0 lvl 75
Loyal To The Royal!