Topic: EXP share

Right there's been some changes to the way exp is shared, and of course all the high tier players are complaining.

If anyone believes "balanced" is a T0 getting the kill gives a T9 the same exp, then this is the wrong game for you.

This was supposed to of been addressed a while back, and has since been abused.

So, we've had to re write the exp code.

The following changes have been made.

For every player in the group a 10% increase of the exp BEFORE sharing has been added.

The average level of tier in the group is calculated, then 20% added.

The exp is then shared at that level of tier.

Right so in simple terms :-

A T1, a T4, T7, T6 and T9 are grouped.

The kill is 50 exp (white mob)

50% is added  (50 * 1.5) = 75 exp.

The tier count is 1 + 4 + 7 + 6 + 9 = 27.

Add 20% (27 * 1.2) = 32.

Average tier is 32 / 5 = 6.

Exp shared at T6 level.

If everyone is around the same tier, the group will benefit a lot mainly from the 10% exp per player.

A low tier may take a exp hit per kill with a high tier, but, you will be killing faster, and should also be learning from the higher tier, tips on how to play.

Player's experience is invaluable compared to actual game experience.

Re: EXP share

To me it seems that the high tiered users complain about this because it was their work-around for a large exp decrease for high tiers.
I created a spreadsheet based on the following information provided by you earlier today.

- XP Points: Blue = 30 White = 50 Gold = 65 Red = 80
- XP needed per level = 1024
- XP conversion to decrease tiered XP = 75 * 50 / (36*Tier)

The spreadsheet should give some insight in how this formula affects actual leveling speed. Obviously I haven't accounted for other factors that affect leveling speed such as kill speed and the 'xp downtime' for possible deaths etc.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc … WM3c#gid=0

what about solo xp?  I am t 0 and it has seamed to be cut in half.  I am engie so leveling is very slow to begin with do we now have to have a group to level up? I would get 8/10 percent a kill before solo on blue 2x now its 5percent for 2x blue.  Maybe it just an optical delusion I have never been very good with math but can someone else take at look at muti xp t zero nongrouped gains.

well i will say group xp is nice smile

This had been incorporated to stop people reaching a high tier easily. That is fair enough, but it also makes it harder for new people comming into the game to get a bossing char. Moving the goalposts after there are 5 or 6 t9's doesn't help those new to the game, it just makes it so they have to be ultra hardcore to get to the same standing as others.

For bossing, a T0 - t5 tkr would have to fight all the way thrugh brood to get to the boss room. A t6 - t9 can just cloak to yank there.
Merc, you need as high a tier as you can get for them to have enough stat points to not run out of crew 1st volley and to have enough hull to survive the 2nd volley.
Eng it's nice to have t3+ for path buffs.
Just leaves damager to be viable at t0.

As it was a t0 could drag a high tier up, that is true and abusable BUT the low tier got to group with a high tier... as you said,

Supanova wrote:

A low tier may take a exp hit per kill with a high tier, but, you will be killing faster, and should also be learning from the higher tier, tips on how to play.

Player's experience is invaluable compared to actual game experience.

Why not make these changes for t10 upwards? That way everyone is on the same footing, and the real hardcore people can go for the extra stat points of t10 +

The "goal posts" as u say, should of been moved a month or more back, and I believed it was fixed.

A lot of people realized it wasn't and quickly abused it.

There were only a 2 maybe 3 T9's back then.

If it's so unfair now, maybe we should roll back then.

Supanova wrote:

I believed it was fixed.

So did I. The XP seemed less by a long way in a group, the diference in XP between an ungrouped t0 and a grouped t0 was a lot less than 50%. I thaught that was your intended goal and the game was working how you designed.

You say in 1 breath that the best benefits are from everyone in a group being the same tier and in another that you want people to group higher tiers to learn the ropes. You cannot have this both ways, High tiers will seek groups with other high tiers, or they will just stick with their group and all tier together not grouping the low tiers as they'd get capped by too much.

This new system will keep high tiers leveling for longer and it will be hard for lower levels of the same level as the high tiers to find any multi, as the sheer quantity of mobs needed to level up has risen expenentially.

I think that there is still a lot of tweeking to be done to balance with grouping and tiering in this game. IMO this should be implemented with t10+ as I said above.

Supanova wrote:

If it's so unfair now, maybe we should roll back then.

I'll quit. Just going to say that, that's all. My reasonings are my own.

wtf

Amethyst        T0    Pyr     30
Cisco                T4    Sco    90
Delphi              T1    Eng    21
Neuropath      T0    Tel     10

10 (edited by Rowspan 2012-04-18 23:51:23)

think everyones taking this a little too seriously. time to step back and take in the bigger picture, i've been t9 lvl 75 for a couple of months now, and what u realise when u get here is theres not much to do, so what if it takes u an extra month, it'll be that long or more to raise fab skills, plussing stoning and grinding cash for kits is whats to keep players going through xping, not the xp its self. you know how guilty i feel grinding mobs for cash and killing off multi cos im now "lvl capped" i often sit around waiting for someone to lvl where i wanna grind wiht nothing to do,  ask urself whats ur hurry to join me in wiping ppls multi when there trying to lvl the same hard task?

the lvling isnt the so called long part, its the aiming for high plussed gears,  is it right ppl hit t9 lvl 75 with only +1 or +2 gears when its designed to be done in rough accordance with tiering as intended?

whats the harsh answer to it? if you guys cant sort it out wihtotu ranting about how unfair it is, i say make groups only benifit to share buffs, make highest dmg get the kill i doubt many like that idea but its fair, if ur gonna help someone it'll sacrafice ur own xp for it,  as for how it is now i dont agree too much with the idea that ppl can sit afk in sb and still gain xp, i think if any change can be made with groups sharing xp is u need to be in the quad when its killed

*edit* p.s maybe the xp is so shit cos half the time someones afk in sb hogging it and not participating?

"Rant over walks out ....slams door smile "

Rowspan T9 lvl 75    Biggles T0 lvl 65
Colspan T5 lvl 12
Welder T0 lvl 75
Loyal To The Royal!

I just want to know if 2 T0 players group why do they now get less xp then solo, and is this intended or a bug? I only get more xp in group if i group a higher T player.

t1 gets a lot more XP than t0, so if you group a t2 you will both average as t1 (ish) and get great XP. This is because your tier and XP are multiples of each other, and as you cannot multiply by 0, t0 has a set figure... t0 XP appears to be below t1 for some reason?

I dunno if this is a bug or a feature tho, so please don't exploit tongue

Mothra wrote:

t1 gets a lot more XP than t0, so if you group a t2 you will both average as t1 (ish) and get great XP. This is because your tier and XP are multiples of each other, and as you cannot multiply by 0, t0 has a set figure... t0 XP appears to be below t1 for some reason?

I dunno if this is a bug or a feature tho, so please don't exploit tongue

It is a bug. I found out the other day when I was online discussing it all.  Placed it in a spread sheet and saw T1 get double exp than a T0 and T2 get a small increase too.

going to update in a bit and fix it.