Topic: Test server update R 147

r 147 :-

Each part used will now roll a chance to rasie skill.
Removed chance of Shield dodge, if no shields actually equipped.
Teleport fields that require a key, now search for the item in your locker.
2 types of Weapon Cores now available.
Molecular Coils can only be used for Bolts, Beams, and Dissers.
Ballistic Frameworks can only be used with launchers and bays.
Range of Weapon Cores reduced. This will increase the chance of finding matching Cores.
Class attributes can not be used with a weapon below skill amount * 15.  Eg (Beam +5) * 15 = 75

Please test the above changes, cheers

Re: Test server update R 147

Molecular coils / ballistic frameworks - all good, works ok.
Now about the system part: magnetic flux, ablative skin, biokinetic nanites, tesla capacitor comes with location restriction ... which will widely overload/complicate the fabs. I understand you added restrictions to prevent having shields on all plates/systems, right? How about adding restrictions only on the special type of stat that you want to be locked for a location? ( eg. only for shields to have location: shield )
Also when tried to fab with a higher lvl conduit, it said that i need a different conduit for a lvl15 item. Can it specify which one ? ( eg. "you need a simple conduit for that" , like it specifies kit needed for plussing when activate )

Magic  T9  Merc   75
Anka   T9  Engie  75
Spin    T3  Smug  74

There are a lot of balance restrictions on the stats for each location, It's actually easier and less likely to break the way it currently is.

The level of the part u are using clearly states the level, and so do the conduits range smile

4 (edited by Ank 2012-04-05 11:00:45)

Note to myself: need to read conduits lvls tongue
Still not happy with the locations restrictions, can't you minimize it with some kind of new location that matches more ? as in:
def any = port+fore+sb+aft ---> location: any big_smile

Still good as it is, only that we'll need a table/guide once it's implemented on the regular server.

Magic  T9  Merc   75
Anka   T9  Engie  75
Spin    T3  Smug  74

should we be getting skill parts to raise systems and weapons?

6 (edited by Mothra 2012-04-12 08:36:24)

Trying to fab 20391 (port resonance field) with port mold and optic cond I get the message "resonance field does not match the mould location"

Just a couple of little side points... testing we have to have to hunt for the resonance fields and weapon cores... would be quicker if we could have god mode or spawn them with a command. (I know people will abuse it and just mess about, but more bugs will be found this way)
Also there are conds up to level 120... You guys thinking of rasing the level cap? Or maybe having these cores as a Defense Fortress drop? and can quants be used in the fabbing process?

7 (edited by Ank 2012-04-12 12:05:44)

Molecular coil (14/34) - no lvl specified on it
Skill: +1 precision     - no lvl specified on it
Beam mould        - no lvl specifed on it
Atomic conduit     - lvl 101-110
Fab together, what i get : This class attribute can be used on weapons "higer" than lvl 15.

If instead i use another skill, +2 let's say,  ----> than lvl 30.

Now, if instead it would say: "You need molecular coil in 11-20 range AND conduit in 11-20 range AND skill in 11-20 range." and have levels on weapons core and skill, will actually give you more hints/guide you better.
Also, say i get the right weapon core and i try again to fab them ... will i expect a new error saying that conduit is too high? And so on ? Will take a while to get all fabs right tongue

Edit: Found higher lvl weapon cores with lvl on them. ( Then had just to match that lvl with the right conduit lvl )
Edit: Recipe asks for correct conduit lvl.

PS: Guess i wasn't checking into it more , still skill needs the lvls on ( beside just knowing 1 skill for every 15 lvls )

Magic  T9  Merc   75
Anka   T9  Engie  75
Spin    T3  Smug  74

8 (edited by Ank 2012-04-12 12:06:43)

14/34 molecular coil
  atomic conduit - lvl 101-110
  beam mould

Result was : Atomic beam 14/34 item 21879 , cpx0    <-- bug ?

Edit: Should not allow you to use high lvl conduit with low lvl weapon core.

Magic  T9  Merc   75
Anka   T9  Engie  75
Spin    T3  Smug  74

To clarify you can use any cond when the weapon core has no level.