Topic: 2.0 is here!!

After a sensational success to the launch of the reverse engineered server, Angus and I have decided it's time to take it as far as we can and launch the 2.0 client.

This boasts 1024 x 768 resolution. "WASD" keyboard movement. Single touch action keys (No more ctrl + #).  A more refined GUI.  Dynamic action bars. And most importantly, Client stability.  Hotkeys like Ctrl + R are now Shift + r.  Space bar will now scan a target directly in front of you, hit it again and you will target.  If that's too long for you, just hit Ctrl and it will target anything in front of you in one go.

As some of you will know.  We are still limited to what we can do with the Client, as they are closed binaries.  However, we have been able to patch the client to support "Crew" which of course was not present in 2.0.  Angus took it a step further and managed to allocate memory for the use of more hulls.  This is normally done by the compiler....The old scanner has also made a comeback, allowing players to select them selves and see power and crew. Shift + H has also been patched to heal crew. As well as an old 2.0 bug that left the red target overlays on ships, even when you tried to use shift + b to break attack.

What's next? Well..... Put it this way.... We are looking for 3d modellers....

Supaz, Angus.

Re: 2.0 is here!!

sounds sweet. keep it 2d imo though. I think its part of the appeal (and nostalgia). You can put your GREATLY appreciated efforts towards enhancing aspects of the game that people have been asking for forever, ex. PvP.

Just my 2cents though, I could be the minority.

Regardless, awesome work on everything and keep it up.

Aye we will be keeping a "Top down view" guess some would call it 2.5D.

ah, interesting.

Now you just want to get a firm grip of me smile
Guess it's time to share my free time 50-50 between SWTOR and HS.

I tip my hat to you.

Magic  T9  Merc   75
Anka   T9  Engie  75
Spin    T3  Smug  74

I made a launcher update (4.5) to support the new 2.0 client including the register feature big_smile

Amethyst        T0    Pyr     30
Cisco                T4    Sco    90
Delphi              T1    Eng    21
Neuropath      T0    Tel     10

hmmm... so that means i cant play on my netbook anymore since my max resolution is 1024x600... kinda sucks tho now i cant play it at school tongue
can you do something about it supa?

-bech