Topic: Preparing Client and Host for the huge fab update

Been working away getting things ready for all the new items.

Realised that adding all the items, there's no way of checking what they are used for...

Then I remebered a 2.0 trait that allowed you to hit "ACTIVATE" on an item and it listed what fab, if any, it was used for......

http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/7798 … magexg.jpg

At the moment, it shows all fab entries.

I plan on removeing the fab entries for plussing, as these are not needed.

Just one question,  Would you guys want it to show everything the item is used for even if you cant use it yet??

For example if the item is used in a lvl 70 fab, and u only have 40 skill, you obviously can't use it, so remove it from list? Or even just have it show "XXX is used for Unknown" ?

Supaz

Re: Preparing Client and Host for the huge fab update

i think i'd leave it all in if u want, it matters not and its always handy to know just incase

Rowspan T9 lvl 75    Biggles T0 lvl 65
Colspan T5 lvl 12
Welder T0 lvl 75
Loyal To The Royal!

3 (edited by GIZangetsu 2011-12-07 20:35:55)

i think that you should add the amp/armor kits for a better variant of weapons and yea i agree that we should keep unknown

Characters
Kenpachi T6: Pyro, Yoruichi T0: Merc, Renji: T0 Smug, Zangetsu: T1 Engi, Ichigo: T0 Path, Kisuke: T0 TKR Unohana: T0 Engi, Alchemyst: T0 Merc
http://TRGforum.webs.com

Well if you put unknown it should also have the level of that is needed for the item.

please put in more psi gear pleeeeease!

Characters
Kenpachi T6: Pyro, Yoruichi T0: Merc, Renji: T0 Smug, Zangetsu: T1 Engi, Ichigo: T0 Path, Kisuke: T0 TKR Unohana: T0 Engi, Alchemyst: T0 Merc
http://TRGforum.webs.com

I think all fabs it is used for should be listed, and you should put the level required for the item fab. Having "XXXX is used for Unknown" I think is a bit pointless because the question will just be answered on /s, making it just more of a hassle than a mystery. Same thing as not having the /psi listing unknowns if you aren't that level yet.

TheDude
Illusion
SexySaxMan

Ok, a few more modifications.

Activating an item that can be plussed will now show which kit is needed, what skill is needed and the level required.
Activating an item used in fabrication will now show skill required and level.

This will probably remain the way it is as seen in the screenie.

Oh and while I was at it, found the bad value for screen formatting text that was too long, and having it use 3 lines intsead of 2....

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/5085/maetrialscheck.jpg

That is just perfect, all the info needed there smile Good job.

Magic  T9  Merc   75
Anka   T9  Engie  75
Spin    T3  Smug  74

nice munitions

Well, after sitting down and realising that every new wepaon will have a class variation, then making all the combine rules for them, just one new set will take over 200 ID's.  You'd be surprised how many have already been created, and it rises everyday.

What's the solution? Well, while you all continue to think up names for the new weapons, and materials (*the more you submit, the more I will add) I have to push on with automating plussing.  This will significantly reduce the amount of item defeinitions by a factor of 8.

Did a little more poking around, and I believe we can keep the current system, after tweaking a few functions that deal with item level/cpx.

So, keep the suggestions coming, and when host is ready we can start making all the new items.

The suggestrions I've seen so far are great, but many may argue the names would suit high level items.  We need more mid and low end suggestions guys. tongue

Supaz

*hint taken* tongue

Colspan T5 lvl 12
Welder T0 lvl 75
Loyal To The Royal!

After yet more planning, and prep work for the forthcoming plussing update, I seem to have overlooked something.......

In order to automate plussing, I need to extract the items type, system or weapon, then have the host check the respective skill of the player.  This leads to an issue.

As all items will automatically use the 2 new skills, the current Tech skill will effectively become redundant, and all plussing will cease until weaponry and system skills catch up....

As it stands, I'm not sure what I can do about this.  I guess it is possible to make 2 new item types, duplicates of the originals, but a different id type.  The 2 new item types would be checked for in the automation, thus keeping the original tech skill, and the 2 new skills would level from these...

Basically more work to undertake.

The new items that will be added were never meant to be built using Tech skill, so, y'all will not be missing out there.

So, what do you guys think? Carry on as planed with an almost redundant skill, which more fabrications can be made for.  But all items, including items already in game, will only be upgradeable with the 2 new skills.

Or make the 2 new item types, keeping all the current items in game upgradeable with tech?

Supaz

13 (edited by Rowspan 2011-12-13 00:27:49)

go with the easier option for you, and the more difficult for us, we can lvl skill and lump it basically,  as it is theres nothing in it for fabbers, there too easy to make, if skillz gonna be lvl properly by fabbing then it'll make fabbing rare besides we can stock drops till max skill fabbers appear smile

Colspan T5 lvl 12
Welder T0 lvl 75
Loyal To The Royal!

sounds really good to me i found the prob with low lvl weps is too much delay and too little dmg but after some +ing thay arent too bad and the cpx goes up way too fast when +ing but all in all i just happy it back thanks guys