Topic: Weaponary and systems tech........

Before I go ahead and prepare the host, client, make new items, fabrication materials, and blance em all I need to put forward the idea for discussion...

I plan on re-introducing the wepaons and systems tech skill of 2.0.

The skills will be available to eveyone at level 1.
You will not be able to use "Train" points on them.
The new skills will not rest when you tier.

Preperaing the host and client is the quick and easy part.  Producing all the items is going to take a lot of time.

Weapons produced with the weaponary skill will have +skill and casting psions.
The +skill will depend on the fabrication material used.
Same with casting psion.
(I may make it so the players class will result in the +skill of the weapon, eg Telekenetics produce +tkr, Merc + tactics Smugs +hide etc.)

Sytems will include plates, shields, EWs, Computers, and Sensors.

This will require a lot of work, will be quite monotonous and I may need help building all the items.

Just need some input if you guys would like this, and who is willing to sacrifice a large junk of thier time for the next few weeks.  The items MUST be well thought out and balanced, suiting all levels and classes. 

Supaz

Re: Weaponary and systems tech........

First off, i think bringing this in this way is great, resetting tech skill is something i personally didnt like with the current version of hs.

One thing, and it may just be the way i read it, that i am not sure i like would be if we were to have it so that the class of the player fabbing the item determines the +skill. If it is the class of the person equipping the item, that would be alright, but limiting someone to fabbing for one class would be a bit of a pain.

Having seen the direction that items have gone in HSR, most notably the weapons that were introduced, I think that having a fabbing system to follow along with that would be great, maybe having the fabbed items being a slight upgrade to those dropped by mobs, as an incentive to make them instead of just waiting for one to drop while you grind out a few levels in a system.

Balance is definitely going to be key though, but, one thing that should be considered is something i have seen in many other games, certain fabbable items that use way more mats, and harder to find mats, but the item they make are much better, for your level, than something similar that would be easy to farm, or for that matter, what the market will be flooded with as people fab to level their skill. Again, this is an incentive to fab while leveling.

What i personally think might be an idea is to avoid the idea of the level 75 who is just bored and raises fab, and try to make the items more useful, so that as we get new players, or if you make alts, you fab the items for them so they are better as they go. One way to do this would be to change the way complexity works, and instead of having diminishing returns on the item stats when you are too low a level (or tons of jamming, in the case of weapons) just to make them unequippable before the cpx level. This would require those leveling, and tiering, to have and use the other gear as they level, instead of them just taking up locker space or being DD'd. With the current system, most people, especially when they tier, just use high level systems because the diminishing returns arent actually that bad, and they dont have to worry about changing gear, just weapons.

I realize that many people might not like that last idea because it would require more work and gearsets for tiering especially. I share that sentiment, to a degree, because I can be lazy sometimes and its just easier to have 1 set of gear i use from level 1 to bossing at 75. But on the other hand, if we want to make systems below level 75 useful, especially if we are going to put the work in to implement a great fabbing system, and possibly more planets and bosses (possibly at lower levels, like i have heard Tearix and the asteroids being talked about) then i think the items that drop off of these should be useful. No one uses the Tyv brain, or items like that, because if they tiered, they have better, and if they are new, people will give them better. If that was the best item for 5-10 levels, stuff like that would get used, and i feel the fabbed items could be the same way. Not all of them, some will be generic items with OK stats and relatively easy to farm mats, but some should be better items, with harder to farm mats, that people will use if they dont have the option to keep their umbrals or whatnot on when they tier.

sorry for the longwinded reply, just trying to toss some ideas out there and give a complete idea of what i think.

On another note, I am willing to help with implementing whatever you decide, and whatever else you need. Let me know if you would like my help, probably reply here since the time difference for us means i dont get on often when you are on, and we can go through other means to figure out what you would want me to do.

thanks

Psydo

No to class determining what the +skill should be otherwise it all sounds really good.

Psydoish, your thoughts of complexity do fall in line with what I had planned, bu tthought players would disagree with it.  In order to make all the new weapons implemented useful, I raised the penalty of using weapons higer than your level.  Stopping ppl from actually equipping them all together is posible but players would not remove thier current gear to bypass that.  I could greatly raise the penalties of the stats you recieve from systems that are of a higer cpx.  Then you would have to use items you find along the way.  This, however, may cause some unrest, due to those players who have not tiered compared to those that have.............

All in all, great respone Psydoish.

Supaz

ok first off let me say the whole ideas welcomed,  i agree with psydo on the problem of class specific  for fabbing could be annoying. given playerbase and lack of fabbers atm, it would make things difficult. but  the pro's to this is more unique individual items will spread and players wont be so generic. and the fabbers will appear eventually the downside to this is, fab parts, grinding, this will cos probs with ppl raping for these parts and wiping any multi in game, i suggest bandits drop the new parts or make a new zone entirely to try and combat this. you know how it goes, people look for easiest mobs that drop the part they want and they slaughter over n over again

when its comes to donating time, im more then happy to. im sure i can some up with sensible stats for some items etc

Rowspan T9 lvl 75    Biggles T0 lvl 65
Colspan T5 lvl 12
Welder T0 lvl 75
Loyal To The Royal!

Weapon skill... Systems skill... OK.

But whats up with Munitions Skill... for Missiles, Fighters, Fuel and so on?

Amethyst        T0    Pyr     30
Cisco                T4    Sco    90
Delphi              T1    Eng    21
Neuropath      T0    Tel     10

cisco211 wrote:

Weapon skill... Systems skill... OK.

But whats up with Munitions Skill... for Missiles, Fighters, Fuel and so on?

Because I intend on leaving the original tech skill, the alpha fabs and current plussing fabs, as it is.  And not convert them over to wep/sys/muni.

The new items that need the weaponary and system skills will have thier own rules.

Nova Star - EW
Nova Strike -  ammo weapon
Nova Aggressor - comp
Nova Barrier - shield
Nova Beacon - sensor
Nova rush - laser or disser

Colspan T5 lvl 12
Welder T0 lvl 75
Loyal To The Royal!

got to say a didint like the tech the now but that seems like a real good idea if you ask me

fantl

10 (edited by Rowspan 2011-12-13 00:46:45)

sensors

(low-mid lvl)

Psi Perception
Beserkers Rage
Smugglers Eye
Rapid Visionary
Aurora's Gaze

(mid-high lvl)

Iquisitor,
Mind Hunter,
Oblivion Arc,
Hades Curse

ew/cloaks

(low-mid lvl)

Nobles Heart
Angel Wing
Burning Desire
Lone Wolf
No Mercy

(mid-high lvl)

HellFire
Infiltrator,
Incognito,
Hercules Might,
Obliterator,

Weapons   

(low-mid lv)l

Mosquito
Hornet
Rail gun
Mortar launcher

(mid-high lvl)                                                                                                                   

Zyr's Fissure.
Zeus Trident,
Thors Hammer,
Sonic Shock,
Cold Fusion.
Warp Cannon,
photon beam,
particle accelerator,
       poosibly bays
(Stinger , viper fang, cobra venom)

shield

(low-mid lvl)

Energy Halo
Iron Curtain
Heavens Cloud

(mid-high lvl0

Zyr's Barricade,
Viking Armour,
Brekkar's Guard,
Merlin's Might,
Angus Deflector,
Ciscos Polarity

Comps

(low-mid lvl)

Healing Light
Psi Source
Kinetic Energy
Mystical Charm

(mid-high lvl)

Blobs Wrath,
Armada Heart
Gravity Core
Brekkars Cell
Mnemonic Chip

Plates

(low-mid lvl)

Polarized
Clam shell
Intruder
Salvaged Brood ( part dmg'd? only half stats possibly, likewise cpx)

(mid-high lvl)

Dragons Scale
Wormhyde Skin
Carbon Kevlar
Stygian Plate
Xenon
Pegasus

hmm some shakey ones
Glory plates  (something to haste added but lower ship armour )
chameleon plates  (something with cloak or hide maybe again lower ship armour)

Materials

particle crystal,   
fusion crystal,     
sonic amplifier,
high calibre barrel,
guidance mechanism,
solar lense,
anti matter converter,
munition chamber,
recoil displacer
Heat dampner
plasma injector
projectile assembler
molecular Coil
Tezla Capacitor
Krypton Valve
Gyro Decompressor
Energy Stabilizer
Fission enhancer
Gigha Cage
Brood manifold
Borg Phase Array
Dark Matter converter
Shell Casings
Thermal Targeting system
Eletronic Launch System

Crystals can be colour coded (red-green-yellow-blue-purple) this will give plenty of variation in recipes. just an after thought what if crystals also had effect on the colour of the weapon fire? obviously not fighters n missles as there hull orientated, but lasers/plasma/dissers would work tho

Also i had a thought about adding another weapon type altogether "Emp cannon" this wouldnt do dmg, but effect systems with the jammed or disabled sign for 5 secs on random item or something like that, possible slow drive or reduce its power of opponent. this would mean more choice again and maybe shift the way ppl think there game plan out, 1 of those instead of standard damage weapon would be interesting in the mix.

All other parts can be  coded in levels ( mk1-mk2-mk3) or  (lvl1-lvl2-lvl3) etc. again adds massive variations for recipes and easy to expand on

Colspan T5 lvl 12
Welder T0 lvl 75
Loyal To The Royal!

as far as a new area to farm... said new area would be farmed to death once people got to fabbing and compition for items would be staggering... what if said new area was accessible by tiered players only at a certain tier? perhaps areas not a simgle area and each has its own required tier to enter... just a thought

Black

making an area only avaliable to tiered characters would make using these items leveling, or for new characters, impossible without help from old players, which would really be counterintuitive. what would need to happen would be to have it like it used to be where systems drop the items that are needed. At first this would cause an influx of players in these systems, dropping the multi there, but over time this would become less of a problem. Also, remember that multi is a bonus, its not meant to be there at all times.

In regards to complexity, if you were to make it so that we could not equip anything higher than our level, the only people that would benifit is those wearing high cpx currently. remember, when you tier you have to remove all of your systems. so the worst case scenario would be that a few people who are currently equipped would have theirs on, and then after they get themselves to level 75, that problem wouldnt matter anymore. so a short term problem for a long term solution.

ur getting sidetracked guys, the  post is about new items and fab recipes, i only suggested a new zone to ease the raping of current lvling spots,  i think most of this stuff could be solved by only nameds n heros dropping them, then no multis wasted , and ppl farm nameds heros as it is for alien drops so it would work well and make the parts harder to collect

Colspan T5 lvl 12
Welder T0 lvl 75
Loyal To The Royal!

omg guys i think my head is gonna explode as far as fab goes we need mats that will add psi and what not kinda like the stones except when u add said mat to your fab recipe it just add like 5-10 psi or something if it where class spacific you could only trade you equip to others like your class common keep it simple you dont have to make thing so complicated
sell some stones at sb for a krazy price or something

ohh yea looks good on the names and stuff row