Topic: Updates 18/09/11

**Latest changes 14 September 2011**

Boss timers reduced further.
Brood item drop rate increased.

Yet more checks added to the server to make it bulletproof..... Page faults are getting out of hand. Fear the server is being stretched too far......
If the crashes continue, I will increase memory regions in some key areas giving the memory space needed to recode recnet updates.

Supaz

Re: Updates 18/09/11

Since you can't be online 24/7 (it is not necessary) Add password protected reset button and give it to someone who is online most of the time.
Just a suggestion.

Lazy_666
The One & Only

The problem is that we've attached a debugger to the hshost.exe process.  So when the host crashes, it freezes the process and a mini dump is issued which we use to trace back the causing error....  This is why, when the game has crashed, you guys get the connected signal on your'e clients, and then the client freezes waiting on a response from the frozen serer.

Making the host reboot is possible, and saving the dumpfile before a reboot commences is also possible.  Up untill now, it's not really been needed.  We will discuss this later tonight and hopefully have something implemented by the weekend.

Supaz

I've only started playing just over a week ago, but i'd like to volunteer for it. I spend a good bit of time in game, with my job im always on pc or have instant access to one.  Not too good with coding or designing gfx, but something like restarting server i could do,

Rowspan T9 lvl 75    Biggles T0 lvl 65
Colspan T5 lvl 12
Welder T0 lvl 75
Loyal To The Royal!

I think auto-restart after crash would be the best. For example if my Server crashes or goes down, he will automatically start each service again. This means i can reboot the entire server without stopping anything before and starting anything after. I dont know if that helps, supa you could attach hshost.exe as a windows nt service (its possible to let almost every program run as a nt service).

Amethyst        T0    Pyr     30
Cisco                T4    Sco    90
Delphi              T1    Eng    21
Neuropath      T0    Tel     10

6 (edited by LordTrun 2011-09-14 23:07:00)

Runing server on a Windows OS is a suicide !!! I hope you are using linux for that supa and there are tons of demons out there to controll the server.

For sure, there must be someone to control it when you are sleeping. Think about it.

Clan: The Royal Guard (TRG)
DominatoR: Engy, T5, lvl23
LordTrun: TKR, T6, lvl75

Ofcourse we are on linux, Ubuntu 10.10 to be more precise.....

LFS is where it's at supanova. Not this kiddy ubuntu stuff.

When running the server edition of ubuntu, it really isn't much different to any other distro other than the fact it provides a nice collection of repos.

In addition, since we are renting servers we had a choice of pre-determined operating systems to use. It's extra trouble for the sake of it to requesting them to stick custom distros on.