Topic: Grrr

Every time...

Decide not to check up on server and something happens to it...

I can't tell you if it's crashed, since I cant connect to it to reboot it.

I assume Angus has an email, but since he's been so busy lately, and I have not been on the past few days, it's not been made public.

Re: Grrr

There is a simple solution... do not sleep, eat, go to the toilet, or have a life... everything will be peachy then tongue

Lol always the way supa. Yeah seems Angus is busy hasn't bin on msn much either. Thought I would email you in case you had a smart phone to notify you.

You know on a long car journey.... someone always has to say "are we there yet?"
and the answer is always "WE GET THERE WHEN WE GET THERE!!!1!1!!!one!!!!!1!!one!!1!"

'cos everyone is as frustraded with the situation as everyone else... I'd say it'll be soon tho tongue

OK, brief explanation.

Angus and Supanova have access to the server normally, but both are really busy. Supa is probably out at work, and Angus is swamped as usual, so it's as soon as 1 of them gets to a point that they can access the server to see 1st what's wrong, and 2nd how to bring it back online.

My guess is at a lunch break or this evening tongue

Supa, you got mail, youll probably check this before your mail so thought id post here. Can call me 9pm gmt if still issues, eill make sure im available.

Steps towards recovery, I like it!

Quicksilver T9 Telepath
Quiksilver T5 Smuggler
Nullhull T0 Engineer
Cornbread T6 Engineer

Server up.  ISP maintenance  knocked out the host, rebooted now.  Sorry guys, we've both been real busy.

"ISP maintenance" is code for tripped over the server cable?

OMG I can't believe this game is still alive!

And still has the admins "tripping over the server cable"... although on a Sunday I think it's due to 1 too many sherry's at lunchtime tongue

Supa, I work in the IT field doing remote server monitoring and management. Have you considered something that will do an external port check and send a notification is the server is offline? May be a bit much since you guys manage the server in your spare time. However, at least you'd have an idea when the server is offline.

XongShu - T6 TKR
RyxeyShu - T0 Engi
ValkenShu - T0 Pyro
DakenShu - T0 Smug

server down again?

CLAN TEC OFFICER
Demon T1 Pyro
Evilnemesis T7 Path
Anubis T0 Engie

how long server been down now?