Topic: Test Server up.

The new fab system is now available to test.

Systems:

Moulds :- Control the type of the final item.
Conduits :- These have a specific level range.  The final items level dictates the conduit needed.
System Attribute :- These dictate the stats the final item will have (max 4), and have a location to which mould they can be used.

The System Attribute must match the Mould used.

Mould -> Conduit -> System Attribute = Item

Weapons :

Moulds :- Control the type of the final item.
Conduits :- These have a specific level range.  The final items level dictates the conduit needed.
Weapon Core :- The damage and delay of the item.
Weapon Psion :- The psion the weapon casts.
Weapon Class :- The bonus skill and amount.

Weapons must have a Core.

Mould -> Conduit -> Weapon Core= Item

Mould -> Conduit -> Weapon Core -> Weapon Class = Item

or

Mould -> Conduit -> Weapon Core -> Weapon Psion = Item

or

Mould -> Conduit -> Weapon Core -> Weapon Psion -> Weapon Class  = Item

/TESTFAB

This command will allow you to take a dummy run, with no conduit.  It will return the final level of the item so that you can tell which conduit to use.

/PARTS

This command will give some moulds, conduits and a few test parts for weapon class and psion.

Currenlty, the drop rate is very high.  This is to show the quality of items that will drop in that area.

Please take note of these items, and report any unbalnce.

Currently Class and psion attributes do not drop.

Skill requirements are also disabled, in order to test the main system.

Test all possible combimations, including old combine fabs, enchanting and upgrading. Mix all these parts in order to test for bugs.

Re: Test Server up.

Done abit of testing this morning and found a few little bugs.

Port moulds and Sb moulds are bugged. to make a port plate you need to fab with a sb mould. and port "stones". and the other way around for a sb plate.

I ran round scythe and killed everything. at the end i had 5 different types of 1 "stone" because they were all for use on different locations. the stat added +1 power regen. im guessing this is the same for the rest of the "stones"

I tried fabbing already made items with stones/moulds etc but this was unsuccessful

You can't fab with any part missing.

There is no way of finding out which conduit you need to make the fabs. i suggest you add a level to the "stones" like you have done so on the conduits.

I know this one is stupid but should the colour of the item be determind off the colour of the conduit?

Gill

I may be able to add levels to system attribute parts...  The final level of the item will then be the higest level part that you use....

Will need a client patch too.

Yea thought i fixed the sb and port issue.... guess not.. oops.

And no, it's not uncommon to find same stat with different locations.  This is intentionaly because of the way the item generator works.  I'ts based on the slot the stat is intended for, and values are applied accordingly.  For example, if we lifted the slot restriction, players could have 400+ shields on every slot...........

The colours were just thrown together, will be sorting through them soojn, and yea, mayb have the item inherit the conduits colour too...

Good feed back, cheers

are you going to try and find a way for plate molds to work for the alpha fabs as they arn't currently working

Yea TDL, will sort the combine rules for em.