Topic: r236

Mobs will now be "locked" to a 20% level range of the player that attacks it.
Targeting and casting on a mob that is locked out of your  range will fail.
The lock will time out after a few minutes.
Buffs, aggro, heal and repair will now diminish on targets lower than the caster.

Re: r236

So if I am reading this right, a level 50 player's repairs will slowly deminish on a level 75 player, in turn nerfing their reps/damage vs that target?

Quicksilver T9 Telepath
Quiksilver T5 Smuggler
Nullhull T0 Engineer
Cornbread T6 Engineer

Or, if a level 50 attacks a boss first, and a group of 75s come in to attack, the 75s wont be able to attack the boss?

Quicksilver T9 Telepath
Quiksilver T5 Smuggler
Nullhull T0 Engineer
Cornbread T6 Engineer

No, a level 75 repairs on a level 50 will diminish.

And what is a level 50 doing bossing with a 75? ........

since smugs is nerfed can we have exits back in bb rooms? it gets annoying when we go in and gota clear first, thank you, 1

Purplehaze-Cata-25-T5
Dutch-Smug-90-T1
Bosch-Pyro-90-T1

I am unable to attack a lvl 8 Tyr mob in Scythe Base
(I am lvl 10)
everything attacks me on-sight however i am unable to fight back

Yeah supa, im not 100% sure how you were wanting the "lock" to work, but as a level 7 I cant even attack a level 8 mob, message says "You can not attack a mob within 20pc of this level range" or something similiar.

Havent tried yet, but if this is how it is actually supposed to work, then we won't be able to attack DF either, and level 75s cant kill Vex/Rex/Sorrow Avatar anymore either.  Again not sure if it's working as originally intended.

Quicksilver T9 Telepath
Quiksilver T5 Smuggler
Nullhull T0 Engineer
Cornbread T6 Engineer

This is strange, as it uses the exact same code to compare levels as grouping does.
It does not use the mobs level, but the level of the player that recently attacked it.
I have added some more info on the actual level it is comparing to the warning message at the end [#]
I suspect you were not reading it, and it was locked to a high player.
It's not the mobs level that governs the lock.

I may have to recode it to detect a players death so it clears the locks......

Just checking... have you cleared this to stop abuse by people at base defense?

Get a level 40 alt in a dummy clan to tap CC once at start of defense then run out of range so no-one else under 50 can attack CC?

Aye, I'll sort out Command centers and bosses.  The lock was added as it is just to see it it was a feasible solution.  Will re-work it to time out quicker under certain circumstances.